There are several things a couple can work on if they want to save their marriage. I thought it would be a good idea to include a brief page about the top 10 ways to save your marriage. A marriage that is falling apart can become so tense at times and can begin feeling like anything you do or try may get a reaction you weren’t hoping for. I hope this can help give you some insight on ways you can help fix your marriage from falling apart. You may also be interested in this article as well “Get Love From Your Spouse Again”.
Top 10 Ways To Save Your Marriage
- Seek professional help. Let your partner know that you value your marriage and would love to seek therapy as a couple. If your partner does not want to go with you it is okay you should still give it a try on your own because you may get some useful tools from the therapist that can help you work on things.
- Start saying thank you more often to your partner. People tend to get used to the way things are with their spouse and at times just expect things because this is how it’s been all along and without realizing it they have been taking things for granted. Simple thank yous for doing the dishes, cooking a nice meal for you, cleaning the house,etc.
- Focus on the good. When relationships are falling apart we tend to focus on every bad thing happening but if we switch it up and remember the good times and the reasons we fell in love with this person it may help rebuild your relationship much faster.
- Spend more time with each other. Try your best to spend some more time with your spouse even if it involves something you don’t really care for. Allow your partner to pick something to do for the both of you then you take a turn the next time and choose something to do.
- Listen more to your partner’s feelings and concerns. Rather then defending yourself when your partner is letting you know how they are feeling, just listen to what they are saying, acknowledge their feelings. Even if you don’t agree with how they feel. They are allowed to have different feelings from you. When you sit back and listen to your partner they will feel more valued and that you care.
- Do not talk about the past! It’s really hard to move forward in a relationship if someone is stuck in the past. If something happened that was very hurtful in the past and it’s hard to move forward the best thing to do would be to seek help and learn how you can move forward.
- Make sure you also speak about your feelings. Your partner isn’t a mind reader so it’s always good to share your feelings and concerns with your partner.
- Try new hobbies with your partner. Find something fun and new to do along side your partner, it can help make things interesting between the both of you.
- Make each other laugh. Who doesn’t like to laugh? Go see a comedian together, watch some comedies on tv, play a board game together that can make you guys laugh.
- Give your partner hugs more often. It’s funny how at first everybody is all over their partners’, after awhile it fades away with many. Make it a point to give more hugs to your partner and make sure they are good hugs.